We’re Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
For FHLBank San Francisco, it’s a business imperative and a cultural priority to ensure that our workplace reflects the communities we serve every day. We promote diversity in everything we do at all levels of the Bank — from management and employment to procurement and business activities — and are actively inclusive of all, including people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, individuals who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender (LGBT), veterans, service-disabled veterans, and minority-, women-, LGBT-, veteran-, service-disabled veteran-, and disabled-owned businesses.
Equal Opportunity Policies
The Bank promotes and practices equal opportunity in all employment and contracting activities.
Our Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Our Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) developed and manages our Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Program, which spans Workforce Diversity, Supplier Diversity, Capital Markets (financial transactions) Diversity, all Business Activity Diversity, and Employee Engagement Groups. The ODI is led by a designated D&I Officer and supported by a D&I Program Director and D&I Data Analyst.
Our Employee Engagement Groups
The ODI believes that personal connections are key to promoting diversity and community in all the ways we work with the Bank’s business units, our members, and the people we serve. To build a culture where our employees feel valued, respected, included, and inspired to promote diversity themselves, the ODI manages six Employee Engagement Groups. These groups help team members bond, encourage collaboration, empower people, celebrate our differences, and enhance business knowledge across the Bank. As a result, we’re able to better serve our communities and improve our own business performance.
Each of our active Employee Engagement Groups helps to broaden our collective perspectives and create a more inclusive workplace. Our groups include:
- Business Knowledge group: enhancing team members’ business-related knowledge with educational and awareness programs delivered by coworkers
- Cultural Diversity group: celebrating our collective diversity with awareness programs and activities
- Employee Activities group: planning social and networking activities at the Bank, offsite, and virtually
- Pride & Allies group: increasing visibility and awareness of LGBT issues with events, networking opportunities, and support
- Volunteer group: helping us give back by planning Bank- or individually-sponsored volunteer activities
- Women's group: Engaging all levels of the Bank on topics that raise awareness and support women.